Sports Stats ‘on Tapp’ is a sports statistics blog published with a focus on stats that go beyond the numbers.
The Green Bay Packers and Chicago Bears play game #185 in their series tonight at Lambeau Field in Green Bay. How well do you know the series between these two rivals, especially in games since 2000 (the last 25 times the two teams have met)? Here’s a dozen trivia questions to test your Bears-Packers knowledge.
1. Three quarterbacks have thrown touchdown passes for the Packers in the last 25 games against the Bears. The obvious first two answers are Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. Can you name the third QB who has a TD pass against the Bears this century?
2. Which team has had more 100-yard rushers in the last 25 games played between the two teams?
3. Which Packer has the most TD receptions for the team in the Bears-Packers series since 2000?
4. Only four Chicago receivers have gained 100 or more yards receiving for the team against Green Bay since 2000. Who was the last Bears receiver with 100+ yards in reception yardage against the Packers?
5. Which team has had more sacks in the last 25 games?
6. The last interception for touchdown by each team in the series was not accomplished by a defensive back. Can you name the last Bear player to return an interception for TD in the series (Hint: It was done in 2007) and the last Packer player to return an interception for TD versus the Bears (Hint: It was done in 2011)?
7. Only two Chicago kickers have made a field goal in the series since 2000. Can you name the two kickers?
8. Which team blocked the last punt in this series?
9. Chicago’s Jerry Azumah was the last Bears player to return a kickoff for TD against the Packers when he did it in 2007. The Packers have not returned a kickoff for TD against the Bears since 1996. Can you name the Packers player who did it in that ’96 game?
10. In the last 25 games in the series, the Packers have won 16 games. Have the Packers won more of those 16 games at home or on the road? The Bears have won nine games in the series since 2000. Have they won more of those nine games in Green Bay or Chicago?
11. The last Chicago win in Green Bay was on October 7, 2007 when the Bears won 27-20. The Bears Desmond Clark scored on a 34-yard pass play with 2:11 left in the game to clinch the victory in that game. Who threw that TD pass to Clark?
12. Who was the last current member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame to score a touchdown for the Packers against the Bears?
1. Craig Nall had a touchdown pass against the Bears on January 2, 2005. He was seven-for-13 for 131 yards in Green Bay’s 31-14 win.
2. Green Bay has had eight 100-yard rushing games in the series since 2000 (Ahman Green five times and Ryan Grant three times), while the Bears have had seven (Anthony Thomas, Adrian Peterson, Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson and Kahlil Bell).
3. Greg Jennings has five pass receiving TDs for the Pack against the Bears, most for the Packers from 2000-2011.
4. The last Bears player to gain 100 or more yards in receiving against the Packers was Muhsin Muhammad when he has 102 yards on six catches in a September 10, 2006 contest.
5. The Packers have had 57 sacks since 2000, the Bears have had 31.
6. The last Packer to return an interception for TD was B.J. Raji on January 23, 2011. The last Bears player was Brian Urlacher in the December 23, 2007 game.
7. The only two Bears kickers to make a field goal against the Packers since 2000 are Robbie Gould and Paul Edinger.
8. The Bears have the last blocked punt in the series. It happened on December 23, 2007.
9. The last Packer to return a kickoff for TD was Don Beebe in 1996.
10. The Packers have won nine of their 16 wins over the Bears since 2000 in Chicago, seven in Green Bay. The Bears have won five of their nine wins against the Packers since 2000 in Green Bay, four in Chicago.
11. Brian Griese was the quarterback who threw the 34-yard TD to Clark in that game.
12. Hall of Famer James Lofton scored a TD for the Packers on October 21, 1985.
Follow Jerry on Twitter @StatsonTapp