Sports Stats ‘on Tapp’ is a sports statistics blog published with a focus on stats that go beyond the numbers.
The Packers will be making their only appearance of 2012 on Monday Night Football tonight as they take on the Seattle Seahawks in Seattle. The Pack will be playing their 59th game on MNF in the history of the series. It is their third time playing the Seahawks on MNF.
Here’s a few questions about the Packers playing on MNF that should get you “ready for some football” tonight.
1. The Packers have won 28 games on MNF. Against which team have they won the most games on Monday night?
2. The Packers have lost 29 games (they also have one tie) on MNF. Against which team have they lost the most games on Monday night?
3. What has been the biggest margin of victory for the Pack in a MNF game?
4. Since 1970, when MNF debuted, the Packers have played against every current NFL team on MNF except five teams. Can you name the five? Hint: One plays in the NFC West, one plays in the AFC East, one plays in the AFC South, and two play in the AFC North.
5. The Packers have played 22 divisional games on MNF. Have they won more games against division foes on MNF or lost more games against division foes on MNF?
6. Five different Green Bay quarterbacks have thrown two or more TD passes in a game on MNF. Can you name the five?
7. In three MNF games the Packers have had a runner gain 150 or more yards in the contest. It was accomplished twice by Ahman Green. Can you name the other Green Bay running back who gained 150 or more yards rushing on MNF?
8. The last time the Packers played Seattle on MNF was in 2006. The Seahawks won the game, 34-24. Brett Favre had three interceptions and one TD pass. Who caught Favre’s only TD that night?
9. Five Green Bay players have accumulated 50 or more pass receptions in their career with the Packers on MNF. Two are running backs, the other three are receivers. Can you name the five Packers with 50 or more receptions on MNF?
10. Who holds the Packers record for most interceptions (not most interceptions thrown) on MNF?
1. The Packers have defeated the Chicago Bears five times on MNF, most wins against any team on MNF. They have four wins against the Minnesota Vikings.
2. The Packers have lost to the Chicago Bears four times on MNF, most against any team on MNF. They have lost four times to the Minnesota Vikings on MNF.
3. The biggest margin of victory was last year when the Packers beat the Vikings 45-7 (38-point margin).
4. The five current NFL teams that the Packers have never faced on MNF are: Arizona, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Houston.
5. The Packers have won 11, lost 10 and had one tie in games against divisional foes on MNF.
6. The five QBs who have thrown two or more TDs in a MNF game for the Packers are Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Lynn Dickey, Bart Starr and Doug Pederson.
7. The other Packers running back to gain 150 or more yards rushing on MNF was Najee Davenport. He had 178 yards on 19 carries in a November 29, 2004 MNF game against St. Louis.
8. Donald Driver scored on a 48-yard TD pass from Favre in the third quarter.
9. The five Packers with 50 or more career pass receptions on MNF: Running backs Williams Henderson (60) and Ahman Green (56) and receivers Donald Driver (96), Antonio Freeman (57) and Greg Jennings (50).
10. LeRoy Butler holds the Packers record for most Packers interceptions on MNF with five.
Follow Jerry on Twitter @StatsonTapp