SIX STATS… is a bonus feature of Sports Stats ‘on Tapp’
1. Rodman led the NBA in total number of offensive rebounds in six seasons. He led the league in average rebounds per game in seven straight seasons.
2. He had more rebounds than points in 12 of his 14 NBA seasons. He scored more points than rebounds in his first two seasons and had more rebounds than points in a season in the remaining 12 seasons of his career.
3. Of the 38 players who have 10,000 or more career rebounds, Rodman and Ben Wallace are the only two players who have less than 10,000 points.
4. In his three years at Southeastern Oklahoma, Rodman averaged 26.0, 26.8 and 24.4 points per game. The most he ever averaged in an NBA season was 11.6, his second season in the league.
5. Never known as a significant offensive threat, Rodman led the league in field goal percentage in 1988-89 with a .595 field goal percentage.
6. Rodman had 20 or more rebounds in 159 NBA games. His teams had a 123-36 record (.774 winning percentage) in those games.
Bonus: Rodman is the oldest player in NBA history to lead the league in rebounding. He was 36 years old (and 341 days) when he led the NBA in rebounds in the 1997-98 season.