From May 30 and every day until September 5… the start of the 2013 NFL season… Sports Stats ‘on Tapp’ will publish “99 Stats Until Kickoff” a daily dose of NFL stats that will get you ready for the 2013 NFL season.)
0-9 points 3-107 .027
10-19 points 63-205 .235
20-29 points 192-112 .632
30-39 points 134-19 .876
40-49 points 43-1 .977
50 points or more 9-0 1.000
Here’s a few more stats:
* The most frequent score in the playoffs has been 17 points, which has happened in 69 of the 444 playoff games since 1966.
* Teams that scored 25 or more points in a playoff game since 1966 have won 263 and lost 49 (a .843 winning percentage).
* Teams were 66-312 (.175) when they scored under 20 points in a playoff game since ’66.
* Teams that scored 25-plus points in the 2012 playoffs were 7-5; teams that scored under 20 points were 1-5.
* Three teams that scored 30 or more points in last year’s postseason lost games: Denver, Green Bay and San Francisco (in the Super Bowl). This was only the second time in an NFL playoff season that three teams that scored 30-plus points in a game lost that contest. The first time was this happened was during the 2002 postseason.
“99 Stats Before Kickoff” (Stats you need to know before the start of the 2013 NFL season) is available from e-book publisher Smashwords. Go to www.smashwords.com to download a copy, including a pdf version which can be viewed on your home computer. Cost is $2.99