The Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings on Sunday will play for the 107th time. The Packers lead the series 56-49-1.
Here’s a quick six-question trivia quiz for Packers fans to see how well you know the series against the neighbors to the west. Answers appear at the end of the column.
1. Four Green Bay quarterbacks have thrown 20 or more TD passes in games versus the Vikings. Brett Favre leads the group with 54, followed by Aaron Rodgers with 26 and Bart Starr with 25. Who is the fourth Packers QB who has tossed 20-plus TD passes against the Vikings? (one point)
2. Twenty times in the Packers-Vikings rivalry a Packers running back has gained 100 or more yards in a game. Can you name the Packers running back who has the most games (four) with 100 or more yards rushing? (one point)
3. During their careers with the Packers, three receivers accumulated 1,000 or more receiving yards against Minnesota. Name the three receivers. (three points)
5. In the history of this series, three Green Bay players have 10 or more sacks against the Vikings. Name these three players. (three points)
6. When was the last time the Vikings swept the two-game season series with the Packers? Name the season, and who was the Minnesota QB who accomplished this feat? (two points; one for the year, one for the QB)
1. Lynn Dickey is the fourth QB who had 20-plus TD passes against the Vikings. He had 21 in his career.
2. John Brockington had four games with 100 or more yards rushing for the Packers in games versus the Vikes, tops in that category.
3. The three Packers receivers who totaled 1,000 or more receiving yards in games against the Vikings were Donald Driver (1,296), Boyd Dowler (1,258) and James Lofton (1,184).
5. The three players with 10 or more sacks in Green Bay-Minnesota games were Kabeer Gbaja-Biamilla (11.5), Aaron Kampman (10.5) and Reggie White (10).
6. The last time the Vikings won both regular-season games against the Pack was in 2009. The quarterback was Brett Favre.
8-11: Expert… You know your Packers-Vikings history
5-7: Not bad, but there is room for improvement
2-4: You need to pay more attention when watching the game
0-1: You may be spending way too much time watching “The Kardashians”