TRIPLE PLAY: The NBA Finals
(One subject… three questions… Can you answer the three questions correctly and complete the TRIPLE PLAY?)
1. With their win over the Miami Heat last night to win the 2014 NBA Championship, the San Antonio Spurs became the third NBA franchise to win the NBA title in three consecutive decades. Can you name the other two franchises?
2. The Miami Heat lost their second NBA title in four years. Name the last franchise to lose back-to-back NBA championships.
3. Which NBA franchise has won an NBA title in the most decades?
1. The Boston Celtics won NBA titles in four consecutive decades (50s, 60s, 70s and 80s); the Detroit Pistons won titles in three straight decades (80s, 90s, 00s)
2. The New Jersey Nets lost back-to-back NBA championships in 2002 and 2003. They lost to the Lakers in 2002 and the Spurs in 2003.
3. The Lakers have won NBA titles in six different decades. The Celtics have won in five different decades.
Follow Jerry on Twitter @StatsonTapp