Here’s a quick look at the Milwaukee Brewers last 28 games…
The Brewers on August 19 defeated the Toronto Blue Jays 6-1 behind Mike Fiers, who allowed only two hits and one run over seven innings. At the end of the day, the Brewers had a 71-55 record (.563 winning percentage) and were 2.5 games ahead of the Cardinals in first place in the N.L. Central. They were also seven games ahead of the Pittsburgh Pirates. They also had the second-best record in the N.L. and the fifth-best mark in all of baseball.
Since that August 19 win, the Brewers…
1. Have compiled an 8-20 record (.286 winning percentage). It is the worst winning percentage of all MLB teams since August 19. Arizona has the second-worst record since August 19 at 9-19 (.321 winning percentage).
2. Have scored only 87 runs in 28 games, an average of 3.1 per game. Only the Atlanta Braves with 69 and the Cincinnati Reds with 76 have scored fewer runs since August 19.
3. Have allowed 140 runs in 28 games, an average of five per game. Only Boston (141) and Minnesota (170) in the American League have allowed more runs since August 19.
4. Run differential of -53 (87 runs scored and 140 runs allowed) since August 19 is the worst in the majors.
5. Scored three or fewer runs in 19 of the 28 games since August 19. They won only two of those games.
6. Allowed three or less runs in 13 of the 28 games since August 19. They were 8-5 in those games.
Follow Jerry on Twitter @StatsonTapp