Packers Numbers Notebook: Stats from their 43-37 win over Atlanta
Here’s a few stats you may not know from the Packers win over the Falcons.
1. Eddie Lacy scored a pair of TDs last night giving him 11 for the season. With Jordy Nelson having 12 TDs and Randall Cobb having 10, this is the first time in Packers history that they have had three players with 10 or more TDs in a season. The last time two players had 10-plus TDs in a season was in 1997 when Dorsey Levens and Antonio Freeman both had 12.
2. The Packers allowed the Falcons to score 30 points in the second half. It was the 11th time an opponent has scored 30 or more points in the second half of a game versus the Packers. This was the first time of those 11 occasions that the Packers won the game.
3. Green Bay’s offense gained 502 yards in the contest, the 22nd time in team history that they reached that mark. They are 20-1-1 in those games; the team has won 13 straight when they gain 500 or more yards in a game.
4. The Packers are now 8-6 versus the NFC South (Atlanta, Carolina and New Orleans) in the Mike McCarthy era.
5. Green Bay has six running plays of 20 yards or more this season… three of them occurred last night. James Starks had two runs (21 yards and 41 yards) while Eddie Lacy had a 22-yard run.
6. The game was tied 7-7 after the first quarter. The Packers are now 37-25 since 2000 in games where they are tied at the end of the first quarter. They are 18-7 at home since 2000 in such games.
7. Green Bay is now 20-0 in games when the score 30 or more points in the first half.
8. The Packers have now scored 288 points in their seven games at Lambeau Field this season (an average of 41.1 points per game). They will need to score 34 points against the Lions in the final game of the season at Lambeau on December 28 to break the franchise record of 321 points at home in a season.
9. Atlanta receiver Julio Jones had 259 yards receiving in the game, the most by an opposing receiver against the Packers. He is the fourth receiver to pass the 200-yard mark in receiving against the Pack in the last three years. Reggie Wayne (212) and Calvin Johnson (244) did it in 2012, and Anquan Boldin (208) did it in 2013.
10. The Packers had a 17-point lead at halftime (31-14). They are now 68-3 in the Super Bowl era (since 1966) when they led by 17 points or more at halftime. Their only home loss when they have led by 17+ points at half was in 1983 against the Lions, a 23-20 overtime loss.
11. Jordy Nelson now has five TDs of 50 yards or more this season, most in the NFL. DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin and Steve Smith are tied for second with three each. Since 2010, Jordy has 14 TDs of 50-plus yards, again most in the league. The NFL record is 38 held by Jerry Rice.
12. Atlanta QB Matt Ryan had 375 yards passing and four TDs in the loss. It was the 38th game where an opposing QB had 300-plus yards passing and three-plus TD passes against the Packers. Drew Brees has the most games with these numbers against the Packers with four.
13. Green Bay allowed 37 points in the victory. They are now 6-79 in games where they allow 37 or more points in a game.
Follow Jerry on Twitter @StatsonTapp