Packers Numbers Crunches
Here are 12 stats you may not know from the Packers 27-17 win over the Seahawks (the stats all reflect regular season games unless otherwise noted).
- The win over Seattle gives the Packers an 18-8 record versus NFC West opponents since 2002. They are 11-2 at Lambeau Field, 7-6 on the road against Arizona, San Francisco and Seattle.
- Green Bay is 10-6 in their home opener this century. They are, however, 8-1 in their last nine home openers; the last home opener loss was a defeat by the 49ers in 2012.
- The Packers scored first in yesterday’s game. They have won eight of the last nine when they scored first and have won eight straight when they score first in games at Lambeau Field.
- Green Bay put 10 points on the scoreboard in the first quarter. They are now 40-11 since 2000 in games when they score 10+ points in the first quarter and are 19-3 at home since 2009 when they score 10+ points in the first period.
- Mason Crosby made four field goals. The Pack is 25-6 in those games.
- The Packers have now won 11 straight when they hold opponents to three points or less in the first half.
- Green Bay had a 10-point lead at half in the game. They have a 29-1 record in games where they have a 10-point lead (or larger) dating back to the 2009 season. They have now won 28 straight at home when they have a 10-point lead at home; the last loss was on October 2, 2007.
- James Starks rushed for 95 yards on 20 carries. The Packers are 13-0 when Starks gets 60 or more yards rushing in a game and 6-0 when he gets 15 or more carries in a contest.
- This was the 24th game in Aaron Rodgers’ career where he completed 75% of his passes (he was 25-for-33, 75.8%). The Packers are 23-1 in those games.
- Green Bay got two fourth-quarter takeaways in the game. They are now 36-5 (.878 winning percentage) in games since 2010 when the defense get two or more takeaways.
- The Packers have now won 14 consecutive games when they allow their opponents to score 17 or fewer points in a game.
- The Packers “D” also held the Seahawks scoreless in the fourth quarter. The team is 18-2 since 2010 when the opponents score zero points in the fourth quarter.
Bonus stat: Seattle running back Marshawn Lynch gained only 41 yards on 15 carries. The Seahawks are 13-24 in games where Lynch is held to under 50 yards rushing. Green Bay held Lynch to only 2.7 yards per carry. It was only the 16th time in his career that he was held under 3.0 yards per carry in a game where he had 10 or more rushing attempts.
(Jerry Tapp is the author of the book, “250 Stats Every Packers Fan Needs to Know.”)