Here are several stats you may not know from the Packers 20-13 loss to the Minnesota Vikings on January 3, 2016 (the stats all reflect regular season games unless otherwise noted).
- Yesterday’s loss in the last game of the season was only the third loss in the final game of a season since 1994.
- The Packers are now 11-7 in Sunday night games since 2006.
- The Vikings got on the board first with a field goal. Green Bay is 11-13 in games at Lambeau Field since 2006 when the opponents score first in the contest.
- The game was tied 3-3 after the end of the first quarter. The Pack has now lost six of their last 10 games that were tied after the end of the first quarter. They are 17-14 in such games since 2008.
- The loss dropped the Packers down to the #5 seed for the playoffs. Since 1990 when the NFL went to a playoff format where 12 teams make the playoffs, this will be the third time Green Bay has been a #5 seed. In 1998 they lost in the first round of the playoffs to the 49ers 30-27; in 2009 they lost in the first round to the Arizona Cardinals, 51-45.
- Green Bay had only three points at halftime. They are now 10-24 (5-12 at home and 5-12 on the road) since 2000 in games where they have three or fewer points at halftime.
- Green Bay was behind 20-3 at the end of the third quarter in the game. Since 1966 (the Super Bowl era) the Packers are 0-59 in games when they are behind by 17 or more points going into the fourth quarter, 0-25 at Lambeau Field. In six of those 25 losses at Lambeau Field, the Packers ended up losing the game by less than 10 points.
- James Jones had four receptions for 102 yards, his 12th 100-yard game in his career with the Pack. The team is 9-3 in those games.
- The Pack scored under 14 points in the game and has now lost nine of their last 11 games when they score less than 14 points at home.
- Green Bay was one of four teams this year to lose all three of their home divisional games (the other teams were the Bears, Browns and Chargers). The Packers became the first team since the 2011 Broncos to make the playoffs after losing all three of their home divisional games in a season.
- Green Bay gained 350 total yards in the game. They have now lost four of their last five when they gain 350+ total yards in a contest. They are 23-10-1 in such games since 2013.
- The Packers had over 35 minutes time of possession in the game. Since 2006 (the Mike McCarthy era) the Packers are 23-5 in games where they have 35 or more minutes TOP in a non-overtime game.
- The Packers scored less than 15 points in back-to-back games for the first time since Weeks #10 and #11 in 2013. The 2013 games were consecutive losses to the Eagles and Giants.
- The Packers did not have a receiver gain 1,000 yards this season. It was the fifth time since 2000 (they did not have a 1,000-yard receiver in 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2012).
- Green Bay had a +6 turnover ratio in the first eight games of the 2015 season (six turnovers, 12 takeaways) but were -1 in the final eight games (11 turnovers, 10 takeaways).