Packers Numbers Crunches: Week #9 vs. the Colts
Here are some of the numbers that helped define the Packers 31-26 loss to the Indianapolis Colts on November 6.
- The Packers are now 25-17 (.595 winning percentage) in games against the AFC during the Mike McCarthy era.
- Yesterday was the 10th time since 1970 that the Pack allowed a kickoff return for TD. They are 6-4 in those games.
- It was only the fourth time since 2000 that the opposition scored 14 or more points in the first quarter against the Packers in Lambeau Field.
- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix had two interceptions in a game for the first time in his career. Green Bay is now 1-3 in games when Clinton-Dix has an interception in a game.
- Jordy Nelson had a TD reception in the game. It was only the second game in his career where the Packers lost when he had a TD reception. The other game was in 2008 against Houston. Green Bay is now 22-2 when Nelson has a TD reception in a game.
- Indianapolis’ Jordan Todman returned the opening kickoff for TD and had 161 kickoff return yards in the game. It was the 30th time since 1970 that an opponent had over 150 yards in kickoff returns versus the Packers. Green Bay is 5-25 in those games.
- The Packers are now 0-8 since 2000 when they trail by 14 or more points at home at halftime. They are 3-23 in such games since 1970.
- Green Bay was down 24-13 going into the fourth quarter. They are now 0-16-1 since 2000 in games at home when they trail by 10 or more points entering the fourth quarter.
- The 4-4 start this season is the worst since 2009 when they started 4-4. They have had 10 4-4 starts since 1970. In five of those 10 they made the playoffs that year. In four of those seasons (2009, 2004, 2003 and 1989) they ended up winning 10 or more games that year.
- The four teams the Pack has beaten this year (Jags, Lions, Giants and Bears) have a combined record of 14-19. The four teams that have defeated the Packers this season (Vikings, Cowboys, Falcons and Colts) have a combined record of 22-12.
- Usually getting two or more interceptions in a game is good news for the Packers. They had two in yesterday’s game, however, they lost. They are now 76-14 in games with two interceptions in a game since 2000.
- The Packers offense had only 18 rushing attempts in the game. They are now 6-39 since 2000 when they have less than 20 rushing attempts in a contest.
- Green Bay had 405 total yards in the game and is now 61-19-1 in games since 2000 when they top the 400-total yards mark.
- The Packers scored 26 points in the game. They are now 31-44-1 since 2006 when they score under 27 points in a game; they are 19-19-1 in those games at home. They allowed the Colts to score 31 in the contest. The Packers are now 7-31 in games since 2006 when they allow the opposition to score 30 or more points; the Pack are 3-10 in such games at home.
Follow Jerry on Twitter @StatsonTapp