Brewers’ pitcher Zach Davies has a team-leading 13 wins with five losses. He also currently carries a 7-0 record in road games.
Whether or not Davies ends the season undefeated in road games is still weeks away, but it’s interesting to note that in MLB history there have been only nine pitchers who finished the season at least a 7-0 record in road games. Topping the list is Greg Maddux who went 13-0 in away games in 1995.
Here are the nine pitchers with undefeated road records of 7-0 or better in a season in the majors.
Diasuke Matsuzaka, 2008, 9-0
Jorge Sosa, 2005, 9-0
Greg Maddux, 1995, 13-0
Jimmy Key, 1994, 10-0
Steve Trachsel, 1994, 8-0
Bob Moore, 1969, 7-0
Eddie Yuhas, 1952, 9-0
Larry Jansen, 1947, 9-0
Tom Zachary, 1929, 9-0
The best undefeated season on the road for any Brewers’ pitcher is 3-0. Seven different Milwaukee hurlers went 3-0 in a season; the last to go 3-0 on the road in a season was Jeremy Jeffress in 2015.
(From August 1 until the first regular season game against the Seattle Seahawks on September 10, we’ll give you a daily dose of Packers stats.)
The story of Jordy Nelson’s last two NFL seasons has been well-documented: He was injured in the pre-season in 2015 and eventually missed the entire regular season. Healthy last year, Nelson went on to have a great season. He had 97 receptions for 1,257 yards and led the league with 14 TD receptions. His 2016 campaign ended with him being honored with the league’s Comeback Player of the Year Award.
In his ninth NFL season, the 32-year-old Nelson has been steadily climbing the Packers record book for receivers. A healthy Nelson could continue to play for a few more years and with a little success, could challenge for several receiving records with the team.
Here are a few stats about Nelson you may not know…
- Jordy has three 10-TD seasons. Sterling Sharpe leads the team with four while Nelson is tied with Don Hutson for second place in this category. Randy Moss and Jerry Rice lead the NFL; each had nine 10-TD seasons.
- Nelson now has four 1,000 yards receiving seasons. Donald Driver leads the team with seven 1,000 yards receiving seasons. He is followed on the list by James Lofton and Sharpe, each with five such seasons.
- Jordy has three seasons with both 10 TDs and 1,000 yards receiving in the same year. Only Sharpe has more with four 10-1,000 campaigns. Jordy’s three 10 TD-1,000 yards receiving seasons were 2011, 2014 and 2016.
- Nelson ranks third on the franchise record book with 25 games with 100 or more yards receiving in a game. Lofton tops the list with 32, while Sharpe is second with 29. The Packers are 22-3 (.880 winning percentage) when Jordy gains 100 yards receiving in a contest. Only one Packers receiver has a better record when he gains 100 yards receiving… the Pack was 18-2 (.900 winning percentage) when Antonio Freeman gained 100 yards receiving in a game for the team.
- Jordy has 18 games with the Packers where he had eight or more receptions. The team is 14-4 (.778) when he has eight or more catches in a game. Sharpe sits in the first position in this stats category with 20 games with eight or more catches for Green Bay.