PACKERSTATS-Game #3-2018 season
Written and Compiled by Jerry Tapp
Here are some of the numbers that helped define the Packers 31-17 loss to the Washington Redskins on September 23.
- One thing is for certain… the Packers have gotten off to slow starts this season. They are -25 in points in the first half and +12 in points in the second half.
- Green Bay is now 15-10 (.600) versus the NFC East in the Mike McCarthy era.
- The Packers are 6-7 (.462) in away games versus the NFC East since 2006.
- In the Super Bowl era (since 1966) Green Bay is now 7-5 (.583) in games played after a tie game.
- Yesterday’s game was played in the Eastern Standard Time; the Pack is now 3-7 in their last 10 games played in the EST zone. They are 33-41 (.446) in EST games since 2000.
- Washington scored first in the contest. The Packers are now 6-14 in their last 20 road games when their opponents score first.
- Green Bay allowed 14 points in the first quarter. They are now 32-40-1 (.445) in games when they allow seven or more points to the opponent in the first quarter.
- Washington running back Adrian Peterson had 120 yards on 19 carries in the game. Of the eight highest rushing yardage regular season games in Peterson’s career, three came against the Pack.
- Green Bay had 11 penalties in the game. They are now 13-10 (.565) in games since 2006 when they have 10 or more accepted penalties.
- The Packers did not score in the first quarter. They are now 16-17 (.485) in away games since 2006 when they do not score in the first quarter.
- Green Bay was down by 18 points (28-10) at halftime. Since 1966, the team is 2-34 in games when they are behind by 18 points or more at halftime.
- The Packers were assessed 115 yards in penalties. They have now lost four of their last six games when they get 100 or more penalty yards in a contest.
- Adrian Peterson’s 120 yards rushing was the ninth time he has had a 100-yard rushing game versus the Packers in his career. The most 100-yard rushing games against the Pack is held by Walter Payton with 13. Barry Sanders is second with 10 such games.
- The Packers are 1-14-1 (.094) in the last 16 games where they allowed the opposition to score 28 or more points. In the McCarthy era, they are 10-41-1 (.202) when they allow 28 or more points in a game
- Green Bay is 3-17 in the last 20 games when they score less than 20 points in the contest. In the McCarthy era, the team is 12-41 (.226) when they put less than 20 points on the scoreboard.
- The Pack allowed the Redskins to score 28 points I the first half. The team is 0-22 in their history when they allow an opponent to score 28 or more points in the first half.
- Since 2000, Green Bay is 52-34 (.605) when they are behind after the first quarter.
- Aaron Rodgers was sacked four times. Green Bay is 22-37-1 (.375) since 2000 when their QB is sacked four or more times in a game.
- The Packers defense was unable to sack ‘Skins QB Alex Smith. The Packers are 13-22 (.371) since 2000 when they do not register a sack in a game.