Written and Compiled by Jerry Tapp
Here are some of the numbers that helped define the Packers 27-16 win over the Denver Broncos on September 22.
- Green Bay is now 7-6-1 all-time versus the Broncos (regular season and playoffs). They are still undefeated against Denver in Green Bay (6-0-1).
- Green Bay has now won eight straight versus AFC West teams at home; they are 13-2 against AFC West foes at home since 1993.
- The Pack is 14-3 (.824) versus AFC West teams this century.
- The Packers last started 3-0 in 2015. In addition to the 2015 season, the Packers started 3-0 in 2011, 2007 and 2001 this century. They finished 10-6 in 2015… 15-1 in 2011… 13-3 in 2007… and 12-4 in 2001.
- The Packers offense did not turn the ball over and did not allow a sack in the game. It was the 25th time in team history that they played a game without allowing a sack and did not commit a turnover in the same game. The team is 24-1 in those games.
- Joe Flacco is now 1-3 all-time versus the Packers.
- Green Bay scored a TD in the first quarter. They are now 7-0-1 in their last eight games at home when they score in the first quarter.
- The Packers “D” held the Broncos scoreless in the first quarter. Since 2015, the Packers are 15-9 in games when they hold the opponents scoreless in the first quarter.
- Kicker Mason Crosby made two field goals and missed one. It was the 64th game that Crosby has missed at least one field goal; Green Bay is 41-22-1 (.648) in those games.
- Green Bay had six sacks in the contest. They are 19-0-1 in the last 20 games when they have six or more sacks. They are 57-2-1 (.958) all-time in games when they have six or more sacks. The last time Green Bay lost a game when their defense had six or more sacks was in 1952.
- The Packers did not commit a turnover in the game. Since 2010, they are 41-9-2 (.808) in games when they do not commit a turnover… 12-4-1 (.735) in their last 17 games with no turnovers.
- They did have three takeaways. Since 2010, they are 27-4 (.871) when they have three or more takeaways in a contest. They have won 15 straight games when they have three or more takeaways in a game.
- Green Bay had a 17-10 lead at halftime. Since 2000, the Packers are (.905) when they have a seven-point lead or more at halftime in a home game. They have now won 14 straight at home when they lead by seven points or more at halftime.
- Aaron Jones had two rushing touchdowns in the game. The Packers are 57-10 (.851) since 1970 when a Green Bay player has two or more rushing touchdowns in a game.
- The Packers had a 24-16 lead going into the fourth quarter. Since 2000 in home games, the Pack is 62-1-1 when they have a lead of eight points or more heading into the last quarter.
- The Packers offensive line did not allow Aaron Rodgers to be sacked by the Denver defense. Since 2000, Green Bay is 6-0 in games when they do not allow a sack. Since 1970, they are 35-11 (.761) in games where they did not allow a sack. They have now won 13 straight games when they did not allow a sack.
- Preston Smith had three sacks in the game. It was the second time in his career that he had three or more sacks in a game (he had three as a member of the Washington Redskins in a 12/26/2015 game against the Philadelphia Eagles). He was the 17th Green Bay player since 1982 to have three or more sacks in a game. The last one was Kyler Fackrell last season versus Seattle.
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling led the offense with six receptions for 99 yards. The six catches were tied for the second-most in a game in his career. The Packers are 3-1 in games when MVS has five or more catches in a contest. They are 3-1 in games when MVS has 75 or more receiving yards in a game.
- Green Bay scored in every quarter in the game. Since 2000, they are 72-14-1 (.833) in games when they score in every quarter in a game.
- The Packers had less than 25 minutes Time of Possession in the game (24:26). They are now 8-9 since 2010 in games when they have less than 25 minutes TOP in a game.
- Aaron Rodgers does not have an interception in the first three games of the season. This is the fifth time in his career that he did not have an interception after the first three games of a season. It also happened in 2008, 2009, 2015 and last season. In 2015, he went the first four games of the season without an interception.
- Green Bay is now 64-10-1 (.860) in games when they score 27 or more points. They are 13-2-1 (.844) in their last 16 games when they score 27 or more points in a regular season game.