PACKERSTATS-Game #8-2019 season
Here are some of the numbers that helped define the Packers 31-24 road win over the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday, October 28.
- It seems as though the Packers this year have set a threshold for how many points they will allow to assure victory. Green Bay is 7-0 this season in games where they allow their opponents to score 24 or fewer points in a game. In the only game they lost this season, September 26 to the Philadelphia Eagles, the Packers allowed the Eagles to score 31 points.
- Aaron Jones had 159 yards receiving and 67 yards rushing in the game. He became the 10th player in NFL history to have over 150 yards receiving and 60 or more yards rushing in the same game. The others on this list: Todd Gurley (2017), Le’Veon Bell (2014), Jahvid Bell (2010), Anthony Johnson (1992), Herschel Walker (1986), Joe Cribbs (1981), Ernie Green (1965), Ollie Matson (1954) and Ray Mathews (1954).
- Aaron Rodgers had three TD passes and 305 yards passing in the game. It was the 34th game of his career that he had three or more TD passes and more than 300 yards passing in the same game. The 34 games with this stat places him fourth all-time on the league list behind Drew Brees (64), Tom Brady (49) and Peyton Manning (46). The Packers are now 27-7 (.794) in games where Rodgers has three or more TDs and 300+ yards passing. Rodgers did not have an interception in the game; it was the 26th game of his career where he had three or more TD passes, 300+ yards passing, and no interceptions. That ranks third on the all-time list behind Brees (37) and Brady (31). Green Bay is 22-4 (.846) in these games.
- The Packers are now 7-2 since 2003 in road games versus AFC West teams.
- Green Bay is now 4-7-1 (.375) against the Chiefs in the regular season since 1973. The .375 winning percentage against Kansas City is the second worst for the Packers all-time in the regular season behind the Miami Dolphins (5-10, .333).
- Green Bay is now 20-13 (.606) in Sunday night games since 2000. They are 9-10 (.474) in Sunday night games on the road since 2000.
- The Pack scored first in the game. They are 19-12 (.613) in road games since 2010 when they score first in the contest.
- Green Bay scored 14 points in the first quarter. They have now won 26 of their last 28 games when they tally 14 or more points in the first quarter. They are 38-6 (.864) in games since 2000 when they score 14 or more points in the first quarter.
- Kansas City scored 17 points in the second quarter. Green Bay is now 4-9 since 2000 in games where they allow 17 or more points to an opponent in the second quarter.
- The Chiefs had a 17-14 lead at halftime. The Packers are now 18-47 (.277) in road games since 2000 when they are behind by three points or more at halftime.
- Rodgers was sacked five times in the game. Usually, that is not good news for the Pack. They are 7-23 (.233) since 2000 in games where their QB is sacked five or more times. Ironically, the Packers have won both games this year where Rodgers was sacked five or more times (in Game One versus the Bears and this game).
- Green Bay did not have a turnover in the game. They have now won six straight in games when they do not have a turnover, including five games this season. The five turnover-less games this year is already tied for sixth most in team history. The team record for most turnover-less games in a season is eight… it has happened three times, 2009, 2015 and 2016.
- The game was tied going into the fourth quarter. It was the Packers first win on the road with the score tied going into the fourth quarter since 2003.
- Rodgers had a Passer Rating of 129. His Passer Rating last week was a perfect 158.3. It was the first time Rodgers had a Passer Rating of 125 or higher in back-to-back games in the same season since 2014 when he had a PR of 151.2 versus the Bears in Week #4 and then had a PR of 138.7 in Week #5 versus the Vikings. The last time he had three consecutive games with a PR above 125 was in 2011 when he three consecutive games with a PR above 140 in Games 7 through 9.
- The Pack went 4-0 in October games. It was their first 4-0 in October since 2013.