Packerstats 2020: Game 8, 34-17 win over San Francisco
Written and Compiled by Jerry Tapp
Here are some of the numbers that helped define the Packers 34-17 win over the San Francisco 49ers in San Francisco on Thursday, November 5.
- The 17-point victory in San Francisco was the largest margin of victory for the Packers over the 49ers in San Francisco since November 29, 1999 when they defeated the ‘Niners 20-3.
- The Packers have now won 10 of their last 15 Thursday games dating back to 2009.
- Green Bay now leads the all-time series versus the 49ers 37-32-1, but it was only the third win over San Francisco in nine games since 2012.
- The win was also only the third win in the last 10 games the Packers played in the Pacific Time Zone. Green Bay is 18-27 in Pacific Time Zone games in the Super Bowl era (since 1966).
- The Pack is now 11-9 against NFC West opponents since 2010.
- Green Bay lost the coin toss in the game; however, since 2016, the team is 20-13-1 in games where they lost the coin toss.
- The Packers held a 7-3 lead at the end of the first quarter. They have now won 13 of their last 16 games when they score seven or more points in the first quarter.
- Raven Greene intercepted a pass for the Packers in the second quarter. It was the 18th straight game that the Packers have won when they intercept an opponent pass.
- Green Bay held a 21-3 lead at halftime. Since 1966, the Packers are 58-1 in games where they have a lead of 18 points or more at halftime. The only loss was in 2012 in a game against the Indianapolis Colts. They held an 18-point lead at halftime (on the road), but the Colts came back in the second half for a 30-27 win.
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling had a pair of TD receptions, the first career game where he had multiple TD catches. The Packers have won each of the last four games when MVS has a TD reception. Five of MVS’s seven TD receptions have gone for 40 or more yards.
- Marcedes Lewis caught a one-yard TD pass from Aaron Rodgers. It was Lewis’ 36th career regular season TD. Of his 36 TDs, nine have been for one yard. Nineteen of his 36 TD catches have been under 10 yards.
- Rodgers finished the game with four TD passes, no interceptions and 305 yards. It was the 14th game in his career that he had four or more TD passes, no interceptions and 300 or more passing yards. That places him third on the all-time list behind Drew Brees (22) and Tom Brady (16).
- Rodgers completed 25 of 31 passes (80.6%). Green Bay is 13-0 when Rodgers completes 80% or higher of his passes in a game.
- Rodgers had a Passer Rating of 147.2 in the contest. It was the seventh highest Passer Rating of his career in a regular season game. Green Bay is 30-1 in games where Rodgers has a Passer Rating of 130 or higher in a contest.
- The Packers defense had two takeaways in the game. They have now won 13 consecutive games when they have two or more takeaways.
- Za’Darius Smith had a sack in the game. The Pack is 5-0 this season when Smith has a sack; 1-2 in games when he does not have a sack. In Smith’s career with the Pack, the team is 11-2 in games when he has a sack… Smith has 20.5 sacks in his career with the Packers, 18.5 of them have come in Packers victories.
- Davante Adams had 10 catches for 174 yards. It was the third game this season that Adams had at least 10 catches and 150 or more receiving yards. He became the first player in team history to have 10 or more catches and 150 or more yards in three games in a season. He has five such games in his career, which is tied for 11th on the all-time NFL list. The most games with 10 catches and 150 or more receiving yards in a career is 10, held by four players: Antonio Brown, Andre Johnson, Julio Jones and Jerry Rice
- Mason Crosby made a pair of field goals and is 11-for-11 this season. The highest field goal percentage he had in a season was last year… he was 22-for24 (91.7%). In the last two seasons he is 33-for-35 (94.3%).
- The Packers had another turnover-less game. Since the 2018 season, the Packers top the NFL with 20 games with no turnovers. Second-best is Tennessee with 15. The Packers are 16-3-1 in these turnover-less games since 2018.
- The Packers sit at 6-2 for the season. It is the seventh time since 200 that they have six or more wins in the first eight games of the season.
- Green Bay has now won 20 consecutive games when they score 30 or more points in a game.
- They have now won 12 consecutive games when they allow the opposition to score less than 20 points in a game.