Packerstats 2020: Game 12, 30-16 win over the Philadelphia Eagles
Written and Compiled by Jerry Tapp
Here are some of the numbers that helped define the Packers 30-16 win over the Philadelphia Eagles in Green Bay on Sunday, December 6, 2020.
- Another week, another set of milestones reached… Aaron Rodgers had three TD passes, making him the first QB in NFL history to have five seasons with 35+ TD passes. He broke the four-way tie held with Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Peyton Manning. Brees holds the record for most 30+ TD pass seasons with 10. He is followed by Brett Favre and Peyton Manning (9 each), and Brady and Rodgers with seven each. Rodgers also tallied his 400th TD pass in his career. He became the seventh player to reach this mark, and did it in the fewest games (193). The others on the list: Brady, Brees, Manning, Favre, Dan Marino and Philip Rivers. Rodgers now has 400 career TD passes yet has less than 100 career interceptions (88). Brady is the only member of this 400-TD Pass Club to have less than 200 career interceptions (190).
- While Rodgers now ranks seventh all-time in career TD passes, he is tied for 134th on the all-time list for his 88 career interceptions.
- The Packers are now 17-4-1 in home games since 2018.
- Green Bay is now 32-13 in December games since 2010. They are 19-4 in home games in December since 2010.
- The Packers have now won six of their last eight games against the Eagles.
- Green Bay is 32-16 since 1970 (the merger) against NFC East opponents at Lambeau Field.
- The Pack has now won 11 of their last 12 games at Lambeau Field when they win the coin toss.
- The Packers defense had seven sacks in the contest, their first seven-sack game since Week #4 in the 2018 season. The Packers are 30-1 all-time when they have seven or more sacks in a game; their only loss came in a game in 1951.
- The Packers were held scoreless in the first quarter. Since 2000, Green Bay is now 25-19 in games at Lambeau when they do not score in the first quarter.
- Davante Adams caught a TD pass for the seventh straight game. It is the longest active streak in the NFL. Catching a TD pass in eight straight games has happened only 15 times in NFL history. Jerry Rice did it twice; plus he holds the record for the longest streak… 13 games.
- Robert Tonyan had a TD reception, the third straight game with a TD reception for him.
- Kingsley Keke had a pair of sacks in the game, the second game this season he had two or more sacks. The last player to have multiple games with two or more sacks for the Packers in a single season was last season when ZaDarius Smith had four multi-sack games and Preston Smith had two such games.
- The Packers had a 14-3 lead at halftime. Green Bay is 20-1-1 (since 2015) when they have a lead of 10 or more points at halftime.
- Adams had two TDs in the game, the fourth game this year where he had two or more TDs. The team record for most games in a season with two or more TDs is seven held by Ahman Green in 2003. Only four Packers players have scored multiple TDs in five or more games in a season: Green did it twice, Aaron Jones (last season), Paul Hornung and Jim Taylor.
- Adams ended the game with 10 receptions for 121 yards. It was his ninth career game where he had 10 or more receptions and 100+ receiving yards. The NFL record is 21 held by Andre Johnson. Adams’ nine games places him tied for 24th on this all-time list.
- For the second game this season, the Packers punt return team allowed the opponents to return a punt for TD. It is the first time since 1964 that the Packers have allowed two or more punt returns for TD in a season. In 1949, the Packers allowed three punt returns for TD.
- Aaron Jones had 15 carries for 130 yards, his first 100-yard rushing game since Week #2 against the Lions.
- Jones has now had 10 or more rushing attempts in 17 straight games. It is tied for the 12th longest streak in team history. Ahman Green had a 66-game streak where he had 10 or more rushing attempts for the Pack, a team record.
- Darnell Savage intercepted a pass for the second straight game. He is the first Packer to have interceptions in back-to-back games since 2018 when Ha Ha Clinton-Dix had interceptions in three straight games in Games #2-#4 that season. The Packers have now won 21 of their last 22 games when they intercept a pass.
- Rodgers had three TD passes and no interceptions, the eighth game this season he had three or more TD passes and no picks. That ties his NFL record that he holds jointly with Tom Brady. Brady had eight games with 3+ TD passes and no interceptions in 2007; Rodgers first accomplished this in 2014. Rodgers is third on the all-time list with 54 games with three or more TD passes and no interceptions. He is one behind Drew Brees. Brady tops the list with 61 such games.
- The Packers scored 14 points in the second quarter. It was the 10th game (out of 12) this season where they tallied 10 or more points in the second quarter. To give some perspective, they have scored 10+ points only once in the first quarter this season; scored 10+ points in the third quarter four times; and tallied 10+ points in the fourth quarter in three games this season. They were held scoreless in the second quarter only once this year… the 38-10 loss to Tampa Bay.
- Green Bay has now won 22 of their last 23 games when they scored 30 or more points. Since 2015, the team is 27-2 when they put 30 or more points on the scoreboard.
- The Pack has won 12 straight when they hold the opposition under 17 points in a game. Since 2015, the team is 24-1 when they allow less than 17 points in a game.
- Rashan Gary tied a career high with 1.5 sacks. Green Bay is 5-0 in games when Gary has a sack.