Written and Compiled by Jerry Tapp
Here are some of the numbers that helped define the Packers 34-20 win over the Atlanta Falcons on December 9.
- It was 26 degrees at game time. Since 2010, the Packers are 17-5-1 (.761 winning percentage) in games where the temperature is below 32 degrees at game time.
- Green Bay is now 12-5 (.706) since 2000 against the NFC South.
- The Packers now have an 18-16 lead in the all-time series against the Falcons (that includes a 2-2 record in the playoffs). Since 2010, Green Bay has won five of the nine games versus Atlanta.
- The Packers won the coin toss and are now 30-7-1 (.803) in games at Lambeau Field since 2010 when they win the coin toss.
- Atlanta scored first in the game. The Pack is 11-21 (.344) since 2014 in games when the other team scores first.
- Atlanta’s Julio Jones had eight receptions for 108 yards. It was his third career game against the Packers where he had 100 or more yards receiving. He is the 12th player in history to have three or more 100-yard receiving games against Green Bay. Randy Moss tops the list with seven.
- Davante Adams had another TD reception in the game, his 10th game this year with a TD reception. With three games remaining, Adams has a shot at the Green Bay record which is 11 games with a TD reception. Jordy Nelson had a TD in 11 games in 2016; Sterling Sharpe had TD catches in 11 games in 1992 and 1994.
- Bashaud Breeland had a TD on an interception, the first “Pick-6” for the Packers since Damarious Randall on October 8, 2017. The Packers have now won 16 straight when they have a player score a TD on an interception.
- Mason Crosby had a pair of field goals in the game giving him 301 for his career. He became the 31st kicker in NFL history to reach 300 made field goals in a career. His 80.1% field goal percentage ranks 20th of the 31 kickers who have 300 or more career field goals made. Three other kickers who played for Green Bay are also on the list of those with 300 or more career field goals: Ryan Longwell, Al Del Greco and Jan Stenerud.
- The Packers had a 20-7 lead at halftime. They have now won 29 straight games when they score 20 or more points by halftime in home games. Since 2000, Green Bay is 40-2 (.952) in home games when they score 20 or more points in the first half.
- Aaron Rodgers had 44 yards rushing in the game. That’s the most yards rushing for ARod in a game this season and the most since he had 60 yards rushing in a game on October 30, 2016… also a game against the Falcons.
- Randall Cobb was on the receiving end of a Rodgers TD pass. It was the 33rd game that Cobb caught a TD pass; Green Bay is 23-10 (.697) in those games.
- Rodgers broke the NFL record for most passes without an interception with 358 pass attempts. To put that record in perspective, there have been 930 times when a QB has passed 358 or more times in an NFL season. The fewest interceptions by a QB with 358 or more pass attempts in a season are two by Tom Brady in 2016. Of those 930 QBs with 358 or more pass attempts in an NFL season, 806 of those QBs had at last 10 interceptions that season.
- Clay Matthews had a sack. Green Bay is 45-18-1 (.711) in games when Matthews has at least a half-sack or more in a contest.
- Green Bay had scored 34 points heading into the fourth quarter. They have won 94 of their last 98 games where they had 30 or more points on the scoreboard heading into the fourth quarter.
- Breeland became the 12th Packer since 2002 to have an interception and fumble recovery in the same game for the team.
- Aaron Jones had a rushing TD for the fifth straight game. He became the 110th player in NFL history to have a rushing TD in five straight games. Other Packers on the list: Paul Hornung (7 straight games), Ryan Grant and Terdell Middleton (six straight games each). The NFL record is 18 straight games with a rushing TD by LaDainian Tomlinson.
- Rodgers had two TD passes and no interceptions in the game. It was the 69th game in his career that he had at least two TD passes and no interceptions in a game. He is fifth in this stat in the league; Tom Brady has 100 games, Drew Brees 77, Brett Favre 74 and Peyton Manning 73. Green Bay is 59-10 (.855) in games when Rodgers has two or more TD passes with no interceptions in a game.
- The Pack has now won 15 straight at home when they tally 30 or more points in a game. The team is 57-3 (.950) since 2000 at home when they reach the 30 point mark.
- Green Bay had zero turnovers. They are 38-4-2 (.886) at home since 2000 when they do not have a turnover in the game.