Packerstats 2018: Game #4, 22-0 win over Buffalo
PACKERSTATS-Game #4-2018 season
Written and Compiled by Jerry Tapp
Here are some of the numbers that helped define the Packers 22-0 win over the Buffalo Bills on September 30.
- The Packers are now 112-34-2 (.764) in the Mike McCarthy era when they score 20 or more points in a regular season game.
- Green Bay is now 7-6 since 2006 in games versus the AFC East. They are 4-3 in home games since ’06 versus the AFC East.
- Buffalo rookie QB Josh Allen had a Passer Rating of 36.3 in the game. Of the 41 rookie QBs who have attempted 10 or more passes in a game at Lambeau, that Passer Rating ranks 28th. Only six rookie QBs have ever had a Passer Rating above 90.0 in a game at Lambeau. Dallas rookie QB Dak Prescott had a 117.4 Passer Rating in a game at Lambeau on October 16, 2016 to top the list.
- The Pack scored first in the game and is now 8-1-1 in the last 10 games where they score first at Lambeau Field.
- Jimmy Graham got his first TD with the Packers, a 3-yard reception from Aaron Rodgers. Of Graham’s 70 career TDs, 33 were from 10 yards or more, while 37 came from less than 10 yards. Nineteen of Graham’s 70 career TDs came from three yards or less.
- Mason Crosby missed an extra point in the game, but it really didn’t matter. In fact, of the nine extra points that Crosby has missed, the Packers are 8-1 in those games.
- Aaron Jones had a TD run in the game. Green Bay is 4-1 in games when Jones scores a TD.
- Aaron Rodgers had an interception in the game. The Packers are 27-33 (.450) when Rodgers has one or more interceptions in a game.
- Green Bay led the Bills 16-0 at halftime. The Packers are 28-4 (.875) since 2000 when they hold their opponents scoreless in the first half; they are 23-2 (.920) at Lambeau since 2000 when the opponents do not get on the scoreboard in the first two quarters.
- The last Green Bay shutout was October 31, 2010 when they defeated the New York Jets 9-0. Since 2000, there have been 133 regular season NFL games that were a shutout. The Packers rank tied for eighth on the list with six shutouts since 2000. The Baltimore Ravens top the list with 12 shutout games since 2000.
- The Pack defense had a pair of interceptions in the game. They are now 57-12 (.826) since 2006 when the defense has two or more interceptions in a regular season game.
- The defense had seven sacks in the game, the 30th time in team history that they got seven or more sacks in a game. They are 29-1 in those games.
- Mason Crosby had three field goals… Green Bay is 31-7-1 in those games (.808). He tallied 10 points… Green Bay is 42-8-1 (.833) in those games.
- Kyler Fackrell had three fourth-quarter sacks in the game. Prior to the game, he had five career sacks in his first two seasons.
- Green Bay held Buffalo to only 145 total yards. The Packers have now won 10 straight when they hold the opposition under 150 yards in a contest.
- The Pack scored in all four quarters. They are 148-26-1 (.849) in the Super Bowl era (since 1966) when they tally a points in each quarter. They are 83-9-1 (.898) at Lambeau when they score a point in each quarter since 1966.
- It has been stated that Mike McCarthy likes to break the season games down to four quarters (Games #1-4, Games #5-8, Games #8-12 and Games #13-16). Since 2006 when he took over the head coaching duties, the Packers have been under .500 in the first quarter (Games #1-4) only once; that was in his first year, 2006, when they were 1-3 (.250) after the first four contests. In all other years the Pack has been at .500 or better after the first four games in each season from 2007-2018.
- The Pack accumulated 423 yards of total offense in the game. It was their first game with 400 or more total yards since December 18, 2016 (they did not have a 400-yard game in 2017). They are 66-21-1 (.756) since 2000 when the offense has 400 or more total yards in a game.