Packers Numbers Crunches from Week #10 vs. Tennessee
Here are some of the numbers that helped define the Packers 47-25 loss to the Tennessee Titans on November 13.
- Demarco Murray scored on a 75-yard run on the first play from scrimmage in yesterday’s game. It was the second longest run for TD versus the Packers since Adrian Petersen scored on an 82-yard run versus the Pack in 2012. It was the second longest TD run by an opponent since 1994.
- The Titans scored 21 points in the first quarter, the fourth time since 1970 that the Packers allowed 20 or more points to the opposition in the first quarter. The last time was in 2004 when Indy scored 21 in the first quarter.
- It was the sixth time since 1970 that the Packers allowed an opponent to score 35 points in the first half. They are now 0-6 in those games.
- Marcus Mariota had four TD passes for Tennessee, the 20th time since 1970 that an opposing QB had four or more TD passes in a contest versus Green Bay. The Packers are 5-15 in those games.
- Davante Adams had a career-high 156 yards receiving yesterday, and Jordy Nelson had a career-high 12 receptions. Nelson has scored a TD in seven of the Packers nine games this season.
- The Packers offense allowed five sacks in the game and are now 4-20 since 2000 when they allow five or more sacks in a game.
- Green Bay had three turnovers and are now 2-9 since 2010 in games where they have three or more turnovers. In the Packers four wins this year they have had three turnovers; in their five losses they had 11 turnovers.
- Tennessee did not have a turnover in the contest. Green Bay is 14-27 since 2000 in games where the opponents do not have a turnover.
- Aaron Rodgers had a pair of interceptions; Green Bay is 7-7 in regular season games when Rodgers has two or more picks.
- The 51 pass attempts by Rodgers were the third most in a regular season game in his career.
- Green Bay is 4-5 after nine games. Since 2000, the Packers have been under .500 after nine games in 2008 (4-5), 2006 (4-5), 2005 (2-7), 2003 (4-5) and 2000 (4-5). The only season they made the playoffs in the above seasons was in 2003.
- Tennessee running back DeMarco Murray had 123 yards rushing on 17 carries. Since 2000, the Packers are now 31-35-1 when an opposing runner gains over 100 yards in a contest.
- Tennessee averaged 7.6 yards per play in the game. It was only the 13th time since 1970 that the Packers allowed the opponent to gain over 7.5 yards per play in a game. The Packers are now 4-9 in those games.
- Green Bay is now 1-10 since 1970 in games where they allow 45 or more points. The only win was in 1983 when the Pack defeated Washington, 48-47.
- The Packers “D” allowed 446 total yards to the Titans. Since 2000, Green bay is now 31-27-1 in games where they allow the opposition to gain over 400 total yards in a game. They have lost four of their last five when they allow 400 or more total yards.
Follow Jerry on Twitter @StatsonTapp